Food safety has been an increasing concern of national governments and the public in general. These days foods are produced in huge quantities and traded globally. The extensive use of chemicals have increased the food safety related risks. The change in life style has resulted in a demand of processed food to an unprecedented scale. Apart from the HACCP and ISO 22000 management system standard, many other proprietary food safety standards have flourished in the last decade to support the needs of different players along the food chain. HKV is well positioned to support organizations in achieving sustained success in those areas.
As the last player along the food chain, food safety challenges to food service establishments are unique. Cross contamination, personnel hygiene, handler awareness, improper holding or storage post risks to the consumer. A risk-based food safety management system would deliver confidence to customers and other stakeholders, including regulatory authorities.
HKV offers different training courses focusing on the different needs within a food service establishments, including:
- Food safety for top management (half day)
- Food handlers (1 day)
- Hygiene manager (3 days)
See also ISO 22000/HACCP page for more details on respective trainings.
The Global Standard for Food Safety is a standard for the supply of food products developed by the British Retail Consortium (BRC) of UK. Most UK retailers recommend that their food product suppliers meet the Global Standard for Food Safety requirements, including:
- Management Commitment
- Food Safety Plan – HACCP
- Food Safety& Quality Management System
- Site standards
- Product Control
- Process Control
Supported by French and German food retailers, the International Food Standard (IFS) was developed to provide a consistent assessment system for all suppliers, irrespective of size, sector and location to demonstrate that their product safety, quality and legal obligations are fulfilled. Requirements of the IFS Food standard include:
- Senior Management responsibility
- Quality management system
- Resource management
- Production process
- Measurements, analysis and improvements
HKV offers different training courses focusing on the requirements of IFS/BRC including:
- IFS/BRC requirements (1 to 2 days)
- IFS/BRC implementation (1 to 2 days)
- IFS/BRC internal auditor (2 days)
GlobalGAP (formerly known as EUREPGAP) is a private sector body that sets voluntary standards for the certification of agricultural products around the globe. The aim is to establish one standard for Good Agricultural Practice (G.A.P.) with different product applications capable of fitting to the whole of global agriculture. GlobalGAP is a pre-farm-gate standard, which means that the certificate covers the process of the certified product from farm inputs like feed or seedlings and all the farming activities until the product leaves the farm. The GlobalGAP Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA) Standard integrates all agricultural products into a single farm audit. Producers of different crops and livestock can now avoid multiple audits to meet various market and consumer requirements. The IFA is segmented into 3 basic families:
- Corps Base: Fruit & vegetables, Flowers & ornamentals, Combinable corps, Green Coffee, Tea, Others
- Livestock Base: Cattle & sheep, Dairy, Pigs, Poultry/Turkey, Others; and
- Aquaculture Base: Salmonids, Shrimp, Pangasius, Tilapia, Others
- General information of Food safety standards
- General Regulations of GlobalGAP
- Control Points and Compliance Criteria for All Farm
- Control Points and Compliance Criteria for Aquaculture Base
- Control Points and Compliance Criteria for Pangasius/Tilapia/Shrimp.
- Control Points and Compliance Criteria for Chain of Custody
- GlobalGAP Risk Assessment on Social Practices (GRASP)
The HKV GlobalGAP training course introduces to customers the structure and documentation for a successful cooperation and implementation of the GlobalGAP Framework for the scope of Aquaculture with the sub-scopes Pangasius, Tilapia & Shrimp. The course will be delivered by GlobalGAP approved Train the Public Trainer. Duration is 2 days. Contents include:
The HKV training and third party management system certification are mutually independent services. There will be no impact on certification decision if customers have or have not acquired HKV training services.